The Mount Vernon Community School District Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that partners with alumni, businesses, parents, and friends of the Mount Vernon community to support a higher level of educational excellence and opportunities to prepare Mount Vernon School students for the challenges of global opportunities.
Director Ben Brannaman can be reached by phone at 319-693-9520
or email email@example.com
How to help our students
Contribute by Mail
Your contributions to the Mount Vernon Schools through the Mount Vernon Schools Foundation are making a difference!
• Your donations to the Foundation help the school district fulfill its mission and create a higher level of academic excellence in the classroom for students! The Foundation supports classroom and media center projects in the elementary, middle, and high schools and each dollar you contribute goes directly to support academic excellence for Mount Vernon students.
•Many of the scholarships awarded to graduating seniors are passed through the Mount Vernon Schools Foundation to the graduates. Through these scholarships, you help provide the next generation of Mount Vernon Alumni with the help they need for their next step in education.
• In the current building construction, the school district used all of its available resources to construct a new high school and to remodel the current high school building into a middle school. However, it was the $367,000 in Mount Vernon Foundation contributions to the 'Fulfilling the Promise' Capital Campaign that provided the necessary funds to help the school district finish the buildings.
These accomplishments were made possible through your donations to the Mount Vernon Schools Foundation and made a difference toward helping Mount Vernon students achieve a higher level of excellence in academics! Thank you!
Ways to Contribute
Contributions to the Mount Vernon Schools Foundation are tax deductible and can be made in a variety of ways:
- One time cash donations
- Annual pledges of cash donations
- Donations honoring a person
- Memorial donations
- Designated gifts
- Endow Iowa Fund
- Stocks and securities
- Retirement plan assets
- Employer matching gift programs
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
- Cash surrender value
- Charitable gift annuity
- Life insurance